Friday, January 18, 2008

supporting a habit

Ok...Y'all saw the scarf...
since then I have also started another scarf...just because, and another scarf, to try cables....and have purchased yarn to do ????
from what I gather this is fairly normal...I attribute it to crafting ADD :)
I have been browsing on Ravelry and it is an awesome site.  i have already made several contacts who are wonderful and have found the wealth of information on the forums to be worth so much!
I have found myself wandering back to the craft section at the local Wal-Mart (Sadly, the only place within 1.5 hours that carries yarn) every time I go there and end up buying at least one thing...I have a growing stash and need to actually finish a project.  I am projecting that I will finish the scarf this weekend and give it to Don so that I can really start on another project with more attention....I think it is going to be the cable scarf.
There is a fellow Ravelry person from Canada that I have been conversing with and we have decided to do a knit-a-long for our first hat so I will keep you posted on how that goes.

3 comments:

Lynlee said...

Good luck. I've been "seriously" knitting for the last 2-3 months and I think I finished, um, 4 things. 3 toddler hats (all glorified squares/rectangles) and a calorimetry.

Ravelry is great for inspiration... Not so much for the motivation.

Eric & Tony said...

we have a couple amazing yarn shops here in Tulsa, and yet I still go back to the yarn section everytime I'm at walmart. And more often than not, I pick up some cotton yarn -- you can never have enough dishclothes.

Brad Rohr said...

Thanks...i should do a dishcloth.,.I have yet to make one :) I LOVE YOUR BLOG you guys made some great stuff. I especially love that dolphin dishcloth. Anywho..I am sitting here...trying to talk Don into letting me teach him how to knit. I keep telling him that he would like it if he tried it, but can't get him convinced. Thanks for stopping by the blog, are you guys on Ravelry? Give me a shout on there. Take care.